Dedicated to Newcomers the RO world over!!!!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Leveling Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shirue
Admin

Character Profile
Land of Chaos Land of Chaos:
80/80  (80/80)

PostSubject: Leveling Guide   Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:24 pm

Ok so in this guide I will take you through quests and what in my opinion is the easiest way to level no matter the class.

So I will break it down from levels and where to go or at least what I do.

Levels)
1-15) I go to poring Island normally and kill drops and a couple popos.

15-35) I go 2 fields west of Pront. There is a npc on the middle east side of the map. You can trade in 20 Powder of Butterfly at a time. You can start this quest at lvl 15 and it is over at lvl 35 or 40. *powder of butterfly comes from creamys*

35-45) I go and kill Les and minoscovia dun. *sorry about spelling* I do this because it gives good exp at that lvl and it lets you gather sharp leafs for later use.

45-60) I go 2 fields east of comodo. There is a npc on the east side of the map by the upper portal. You can trade in 20 anolian skins at a time for exp. *anolian skin comes from alligators*

60-85) I go kill les a bunch and turn in the sharp leafs at Beach Dun in the warper. You go out the top east portal and there is a NPC right outside the door to trade the Sharp Leafs in to. It is 50 sharp leafs per trade it. *sharp leafs drop from les*

85-95) I try to get parties at Scaraba. Sometimes it is hard to find a party but the best thing about starting this at lvl 85 or lvl 84 is you can now share exp with even a max lvl player so its easier to get into a party there. To get to Scaraba you go to El Dicastes. You go 1 field to the south. Now before you do this you want to get some flywings atleast a 100 because your gonna be teleing around a lot. So you go 1 field to the south of El Dicastes and you tele until you are really close to the west south portal. Then run in as fast as you can. Congradulation you are now at Scaraba. The monsters here wont atk you unless you atk them first.

I hope this guide has helped you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrono
Admin

Character Profile
80/80  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Leveling Guide   Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:31 pm

Also if all else fails at level 30-60 with a decent tank you can go to Lou yang and kill Mi gaos they give alot of exp but they hit hard so have a SinX or Stalker be your tank and you should be fine ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://evolutionforever.forumotion.com
oxford

Character Profile
80/80  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Leveling Guide   Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:09 pm

You Can also Train in Metaling from LVL 15~40 IF!! you have a TANK. metalings are in LHZ_FLD01 it is the Map North of Lightalzen
Metalings are good targets for starters because they drop Large Jellopy, they can be sold to NPC merchant for 420z

If you are using ranged class characters go to ra_fild01 and kill geographers,muscipulars and droseras

i hope this helps >.<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenerator

PostSubject: Re: Leveling Guide   Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:30 pm

Yay, my first post! bounce

I wanna write a guide too! XD Can I? Can I, Mr Shru? Very Happy

I love playing a priest so... How do you make a priest? ^__^

First 10-15 lvls is of course newbie grounds, better be fast while the novice buffs still work. (you get them by talking to the left NPC as you first appear in the game) As the Dreamer server has a free reset for everyone under lvl 50, you better make a novice with 9 str\dex\agi, keep growing STR to inflict more damage. After job 10 you're sent to Caspen, if you still have your buffs you can go to Payon, 1 screen right OR 1 screen down and kill some mushrooms, which will drop valuable strawberry, which will give you sp later, when you play an aco. So on any lvl, having job 10, you can get the quest done (pay to jobchanger) and you'll be an aco. Then I usually go to Geffen, 1 screen left, and kill some flies and fabres. I get job 5, so I have a heal lvl 4. Then return to Caspen, reset stats and put everything into INT. After that keep raising INT til like 70-80, don't go for anything else as the young aco only needs to maximize the healing damage on undead monsters. So with your heal 4 and INT maxed after reset, you go to Payon dungeon and heal skeletons. (don't forget to get no-shift on by typing "/ns") After couple skeletons, you get more jobs, all put into heal. Try to minimize the waste of sp by only using the necessary heal to kill a monster. On low lvls you should heal a zombie 2 times. So best to use a heal lvl that hits for a bit more than 50% hp. When you can kill a zombie, never kill skels again, they give less exp per heal. Just buy some wings, wing from bats and heal zombies. When you gain the next heal power, you better switch down 1 heal lvl and keep it 51-56% damage on zombie. When you see you can kill a zombie with 2 heals of lvl 5 you can switch to single heals lvl 10. So always use the least number of heals (1-2) AND least power of heal needed for a kill to save SP. After getting heal 10, you should take ruwach, tele, warp and pneuma. Don't go for agiup or bless, it's not necessary yet. (remember, the turtle beat the rabbit XD) And always use wings, not tele, cause tele uses sp and we need every last bit of it.

When you have pneuma and at least 500-600 hp (maybe take some vit) you can go to Amatsu dungeon and kill Firelock Soldiers. They shoot for like 200-300 dmg and will surely kill you so the tactics is as follows. Set 3 buttons close like F1 F2 F3 for Pneuma, Heal 3 and Heal 10. Walk the dungeon, when you see a Firelock, let him shoot you once, you can't really avoid it, and set a pneuma on yourself. It's often that the character is misplaced because of taking the damage. So wait til you're hit, then press a square next to you to go there from wherever you are now and set pneuma there. Do it fast before the next shot. Then heal the mob to death! =D Should give tons of exp. Sometimes Firelocks use a special attack that beats through the pneuma and inflicts about 800 damage. So you better have a good armor and... well, before you get 900+ hp you better just get used to sometimes being killed. It's still huge exp to die for. Later when you can kill a Firelock with 4 or less heals, you can stick to the old strategy - choose optimal heal lvls to not overwaste sp. Usually it goes like hit for 25%, 25%, 25%, 25% and 0% he still wont die having couple hps. So use lvl 1 heal. Then try combining lvl 10 and lvl 9 heals. So all the shortcut pannel of an aco should have like... all the heal lvls ^_^ Just like playing piano. So with this huge exp you take agiup 1 for faster running, if you want, (better take it when in town, then recharge sp, then go to dungeon). And try to max the bless fast. Cause to get to it you'll need 5 Divine Protection which will give you more def against Firelocks and you need more and more int to have better heal and thus waste less sp per kill. Firelocks drop iron that weights a lot so you can drop it and large jelopies that cost a lot. Also a 12 to 10k chance to get an apple of archer ^_^ So go for int 80-85, not more. Then start raising dex and luk. Remember, in order to avoid the pilgrimage on the priest quest you better have job 50. It's a pain, so... better ask for a leech help from other player or use sharp leaves in the exp quest. Or leech your aco with the second window...

As you become a priest, you can go back to Amatsu dungeon and get like 20-25 job levels. You have to spend them on lvl 4 resurrect, then gloria 5 and magni 5. Then go for 10 Turn Undead. Then you will lvl in sphinx. My shortcut looked like this: F1 heal, F3 res\TU, F4 tele, E for Gloria and R for WING. Yeah, I don't use numbers row cause I press second row buttons with my thumb. It's faster this way, juet gotta get used to it. And you need your thumb to save your life a gazillion times. You need like 50-100 blue gemstones and 100 wings. It's not cheap, yeah... But pretty possible to get. Then you go to sphinx, tele to the floor 4 and start to tele around. If you find a safe spot, buff yourself with AB+magni+gloria. Don't set Kyrie, it's useless. If you're hit, you're dead anyway. So tele around A LOT til you find some lonely Anubis. After a tele you're still invisible to him so use the time to think about the strategy of actions: QUICKLY res him, then JUST the moment he's about to hit you you have to WING. Especially if Anubis gets a casting gauge above him. It means some powerful attack. Wait til you barely see if the damage is inflicted and WING, never wait til he hits you. Sometimes you wing just in time to see him using sonic or 9999 superhit, you see damage number but it doesn't go to you as you already pressed wing. Oh, and no, tele wont do, you get huge cooldown after the use of res or TU so you only use tele when looking for another victim. Keep buffs on, sometimes you wont need magni as often, but you always need gloria as it affects the chances of insta-killing with res\TU.

When you get about 50-60 TU you can switch to it. It has a long cast time... So you have even less time to wing away. It's important to catch this microsecond between seeing the animation of TU landed and being hit by anubis. And don't worry about the failed attempts. Hit and run. If failed, look for another anubis. Don't stay to finish him. Getting back to floor 4 is such a pain you don't wanna risk anyhow. No excuses for dropping dead! XD Later you may take vit to 20 and have enough hp to be safer and safer. So you can take more hits before winging. Like... When a pasana or a minos hit you. Well, by that time you'll feel when and how to wing. It will stick in your brain, same as using 4 buttons + buffs. And for each anubis on base lvl 89 you'll be getting about 3% so you easily get to lvl 90. Very fast. Then reborn and pretty much the same from the beginning. But reborn char should not be ruined with TUs and high luk so you stick to res at the low chances. And better get a party, unless you're an exorcist build.

My first guide, don't beat me hard Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrono
Admin

Character Profile
80/80  (80/80)

PostSubject: Sweet   Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:23 am

That was a smooth guide for an aco/priest build I love cause I never knew how to make a priest til reading this I like I really do ^_^
Back to top Go down
Chrono
Admin

Character Profile
80/80  (80/80)

PostSubject: I guess its my turn now   Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:54 am

Well Its my time to give my findings on leveling a ninja depending on what you wanna make there are different routes but the end result is the same.

Let me start by saying there are two types of ninjas that you could make and work with An Int ninja (Ninpo) and a Mobber ninja (Shuriken). The both of them are very useful in terms of mobbing and helping out parties to level due to there skills when you first start out as a ninja between levels 10-20 you should go one map south of payon and make sure you have some pots and level up against spores if you like the exp at 20 you can proceed to kill them til your level 25 getting used to the skills of a ninja takes some time due to the fact its the only class that could probably avoid certain situations depending on how well you get used to a ninja but to start out for ninpo and shuriken ninjas you stick with the forest if you are using ninpo ninjas you got 2 options you can either go down one map from where you are and mob wolves or you can go to lou yang and mob mi gaos the mi gaos are for more experienced ninja users so mob wolves and then when you feel comfortable I would say at least levels 50-55 you go to Mosc Dungeon and kill Les the funny thing is with Les you can mob them and use Crimson Shield as a ninpo ninja you can mass mob and fry them as a shuriken ninja you can kill les too but not at the rate that a ninpo ninja can but the fun thing about Shuriken ninja is they get ahold of a full aresenal of elemental weapons for certain dungeons. But mob and kill les til you at least level 70-80 Then locate the Scaraba parties now this is where the difficulty comes in in scaraba you travel to El Dicastes and travel one map south now make sure you have a shit load of flywings cause that map by itself is extremely crowded with murderous monsters flywing around til you get to the top southwest portal it will take a sec or you may get lucky and get it the first try but either way its not easy but when you and your party get in there make sure you have 1 throwing mastery and level 1 throw shuriken if your a ninpo ninja and you should already have this maxed as a Shuriken ninja get agi and also make sure you have Cicada Skin Shed maxed and Illusionary Shadow then run around and hit the scaraba and mob as many as you feel comfortable with on a side note this will not work unless you have a bragi (bard) Hw or Wiz and if you want to get more exp you use Kim (A bard and a Dancer with the skill Mr. Kim) Do this til you reach 99 it will be hard trust me it will be but with patience and practice you can get the well earned exp and max out your char ^_^!!!
Back to top Go down
Jenerator

PostSubject: Re: Leveling Guide   Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:57 am

Nah, I'm sure you know exactly how to kick butt, Chrono ^_^'

Anyway, I want a Wiz... To mb change Gold in his uneasy burden of leeching XD Could someone pro tell me how do I lvl after geos? I know many ways but... I forgot half of them. Like verticals+clock or magma gusting, or so... How would I get from like 60 to 90 FASTEST? And dun tell me sharps, I hate collecting them and would only use them on a weakling char like forger WS. =P And they don't really make sense, it's a choice to collect sharps or to lvl. And I hate les cause they are always 30 ppl on 1 mob, like "gimmje gimme gimme the sharps!!!" Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrono
Admin

Character Profile
80/80  (80/80)

PostSubject: Hmmm good question!   Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:07 am

As far as I have been concerned the Wizards are mainly the party animals after murdering Geos my route of leveling is close to the ninpo ninjas way I murder Mi gaos til like 60 and I wouldnt collect sharps either unless your with a bragi they become your best friend in the life of RO as a Wiz as well as a Priest getting rid of your cast delay But anubis with those two and til your like 85 and then the Scaraba party til maxFrom what I see would be the best route for that cause manuk there are too many risk factors and Thor people get molested on the third floor so yeah let me know when you make your wiz char so I can make my other ninja with the ninpo skills and we could level together cause I'll still be a mobber but the difference is I'll have alot of stuff to stall them so yeah ^_^!
Back to top Go down
Shirue
Admin

Character Profile
80/80  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Leveling Guide   Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:01 am

Mike is right about bragi being your best friend but as long as you have like 70 int Les isn't a problem. You will be one hitting them. I go there at lvl like 30. I hit them with lvl 10 Fire bolt then I just run away from them until they stop chasing me then hit them again. It's really fast way to lvl up and unlike Mi Gaos that come after you as soon as you cast. Les wont come after you until they are hit. So it is a nice change. ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenSun
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Leveling Guide   Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:48 am

geez you guys really posting on forums xD. We should put this in different topics though. We can have a guide section, with the priest on one tread and tom's lvling guide on another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenerator

PostSubject: Re: Leveling Guide   Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:00 am

Well, Mi Gaos have about the same exp as geos. So why would you go there? Archers can go for Mi Gao, but Les still is best. Imba mobs, IMHO. >_> And I sure cannot have a bragi. We can't even find a bragi for scarab... Why bother lvling with little me. albino
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leveling Guide   

Back to top Go down

Leveling Guide
Page 1 of 1